Seaway Kayaking Tours’ Bookings and Cancellation Policies
At Seaway Kayaking Tours bookings are essential. Bookings must be made through our website www.seawaykayakingtours.com.au. If you show up unannounced we cannot guarantee equipment or staff availability; however, if we have the possibility we will always do our best to serve you.
Seaway Kayaking Tours requires full payment of fees prior to each tour/hire bookings. In regards to the refund policy, customers could be entitled to a full refund, or no refund at all, depending on the circumstances. These are outlined below:
- New cancellation policy: you can cancel/reschedule your booking up to 24 prior to your booking date and request a full refund or rescheduling option.
- In the rare occasion that we need to cancel a tour due to unfavourable weather conditions or other unexpected events we will offer you alternative rescheduling options.
- No refunds/ rescheduling options available for: no shows, missing transfer service, last-minute change of mind at the launch site and late arrivals.
- We could contact you up to one hour before the tour commencement to announce a cancellation if weather conditions are unfavourable for the booked date.
- All refunds will be done by our Accounting Department as soon as possible, and the money will be back into the customers’ account in up to 5 business days, depending on each bank’s processing times.
Seaway Kayaking Tours is proud of its reputation to depart and finish tours on time, and additionally takes customers’ times and schedules very seriously. Therefore, we have the following no-shows policies:
- Tours: customers are asked to meet us at a specific times depending on the tour to fill out required paperwork and be ready for the safety briefing. If passed 05 minutes of the meeting time the customer have not showed, the tour guides will commence with check in process and the briefing and therefore customer will lose his/her booking and would not be entitled to any refund.
- Hire bookings: customers are asked to meet us at specific meeting times (9am or 1pm). If passed 15 minutes of the booking time the customer has not showed up, our staff members will remove the equipment and the customer will lose the booking and would not be entitled to any refund.
- Hire bookings: Seaway Kayaking Tours has predetermined hire times, therefore, as soon as you make a hire booking you will be informed of your commencing and finishing time. You are required to inform the staff if you are planning on keeping the equipment for a longer time than the originally booked time, who will inform you if this is a possibility, depending on equipment availability. If you return the equipment later than your finishing time you will be charged $15 per additional hour, even if you don’t make use of a full extra hour.
Additionally, due to safety reasons Seaway Kayaking Tours’ latest equipment return time is 5:00 pm, regardless of the hire commencing time. Returns after this hour will incur in a penalty fee of $20 per additional half an hour, regardless of the booking commencing time.
Customers wanting to join any Seaway Kayaking Tours’ activity will be required to sign a waiver of liability, where it is made very clear that the activities involve certain risks and customers could suffer injuries as a result of their participation in such activities. Seaway Kayaking Tours will take all the possible actions to mitigate and diminish those risks, but it is not responsible for any incidents that might happen during the activities.
Furthermore, Seaway Kayaking Tours’ activities are performed outdoors; therefore, there might be unexpected events that alter the tour’s description. We will guarantee to offer top quality equipment, high level of customer service, highly qualified staff and safe weather conditions for each of our tours. However, we cannot guarantee ideal weather conditions (ex: clear water visibility at the snorkelling area or sunny day). Particularly, snorkelling conditions are affected by many different factors such as tides, currents, and wind, and the visibility might be very clear sometimes and very murky some others. We will take all the necessary precautions to avoid this from happening, but we bare no responsibility when it does since this is beyond any humans control.
Seaway Kayaking Tours will provide all tour customers a waterproof dry bag to carry their personal belongings in the kayak. Seaway Kayaking Tours welcomes you to bring your camera and other devices to photograph or record this amazing experience, but we will not take responsibility for any damages or losses they could suffer on the tour, or any other valuable items. However, we take no responsibility for any damages or losses any valuables might suffer on the tour, including electronic devices. Whatever customers decide to take on the kayak is entirely their responsibility, as it is to properly close the dry bag, which will be clearly demonstrated during the safety induction.
We are not responsible for any unpredictable events that may alter the tour description, neither for the injuries that may occur or pre-existing medical conditions, accident, injury, loss or damage to persons or property due to persons own negligence.